Hubby was out for the night on Friday and kiddies were in bed by 8:00 so I had the night to myself. I did get a little sidetracked from Ian’s quilt however. I started dreaming about having my own quilt made from the blocks I got when I participated in the block swap. So first I made the quilt top for me than I started on Ian’s. I got the top done for his that night than everything was put on hold until Monday. On Monday I got out the baby quilt and pieced together the back and started quilting on it. Last night I finished the quilting and started the binding. I hope to finish it tonight, so I can send it out this week. I need to get something to bind the blockswap quilt with but I hope to have it done this week too. I want to have my own blanket to snuggle up with while I get back to the books starting next week.
So here is the part of the blockswap top. I followed the same design Jess did when she pieced the first charity quilt. I will probably quilt loopies like you see on Ian’s blanket. They take no time at all and are very little fuss. But most importantly the loopies make all my mistakes less obvious.