well, last night i sewed up the lining for my purse and started sewing it into the tube. i got about 75% done when i tried zipping it up. i seems i sewed the knit outside of the purse too close to the zipper. i couldn’t zip it up. i didn’t have the patience last night. so, i set that aside and got to work on the robot quilt.
i decided to stitch in the ditch the robot and do some heavy quilting on the white. i figure this will help the robot to stand out from the background.
(sorry, i just realized the photo is half blurry and i don’t feel like taking it again)
in the past i have always been a backstitcher on my quilts that had quilting that didn’t flow from one end to another, but was never happy with the results. when i started this quilt i remembered this post over at pink chalk studio. my plan is to give it a try. in the comments of that post she gave instructions to bury the knots, which i plan on trying as well. i have only started the quilting and am a bit nervous about all the knots i’m going to have to bury, but maybe it wont be too bad.