One of the moms from the kiddies school walked me through the process of making books with crochet binding. She showed me how to cover book board with paper, add end papers, make signatures, and finally sew it all up.
I tried it on my own this time with fabric instead of book paper by using wonder under. This worked fine but I somehow ended up with two creases in the fabric. One across the front and one across the back. They weren’t there when I placed the covers under books to dry, but when I looked at them a few hours later both had the annoying creases. Instead of starting over I went ahead and made the book up.
I think it turned out cute but also a bit wonky. I’m not sure how to describe it but the covers kind of shift a bit. Almost like I didn’t sew it tight enough, only I know that’s not the problem since all of my strings are tight. Oh well, it’s totally functional just a little off.