I started this quilt way back in early 2006 using fabric left over from this quilt. This is the Denyse Schmidt Flock of Triangles quilt. I had sewn up a few rows and was discouraged that I couldn’t get the triangles to work. The problem probably had something to do with the fact that I don’t follow instructions. I think I did try to read them but since I really can’t learn that way, I went about it my own way. Well, for some reason I was determined to finish it, but not then, of course, but at some future date, which turned out to be this summer. I looked over the instructions again and gave another row a try. I turns out that my sewing skills have changed much since then. This row was like 3 inches longer than the other rows. I consulted my afternoon sewing buddy and talked myself into ripping seams and starting over. One evening in front of the TV was all it took to take out all those stitches and by the end of the weekend I was back to where I left off.
I had a little neice (so I had hoped) due soon and decided that she needed this blankie. I got news that she had arrived and that she was indeed a girl, quickly finished it up and sent it on its way.
So about the firsts. While making this quilt I: did a major seam rip instead of just trashing it, bound the quilt by hand, and embroidered for the first time. We all need an afternoon sewing buddy. We do things we never dreamed possible. Thanks Kim