Well I guess that title isn’t very accurate. I didn’t end up getting much of any sewing in during the month of December. I started these stocking in November for an Advent calendar and realized pretty early that if I was going to get all 24 done by Christmas I’d better find a new method.
It was important to me that they were lined with no exposed seems. I have this thing against reaching into something to find a bunch of strings. The first plan was to make the stocking and then the lining. Stuff the lining inside the stocking with wrong sides facing and hand stitch the top closed. This just wasn’t going to happen. I ended up doing it such a way that sewed the lining and stocking together at the top then sewed around both the stocking and the lining leaving an opening to turn it right side out. It was all great in theory. I even got the first nine done by the 9th of December but that was it. Sad. I went ahead and hung them in hopes that I would catch up by Christmas but that never happened. Sewing time just slipped through my fingers as took it easy and relaxed.
I wouldn’t let myself take down the stockings until they were finished and since I had a desire to take down the Christmas Decorations on New Years Day, Thisbe and I got to work on these on New Year’s Eve. I ended up taking down the Christmas stuff a few days late and as it happened we finished the stockings just in time. Sadly, I forgot to take down the Stockings. With the added effort it would take to dig out the Christmas stuff again, I put off taking them down. Again sad.
Here we are in February and they still hang in my entryway. Maybe this post will prompt an immediate removal of them. It is almost Valentines Day afterall and a string of heart would be much more festive.
For the stocking I just used what I had on hand. A mix of fabric and repurposed clothes. I love difference in textures.
Now to go take these down…