Here is a little tutorial that shows how I make a “quilted” cover for a covered notebook.
Sorry the photos are bad. I was sewing at night and only had the florescent lights of my kitchen to work with.
Note – To figure out dimensions needed for construction of notebook cover see my tutorial.
Do not iron until cover is completed.
1. Cut out interfacing 1/2 inch larger than needed for cover. Place scrap square about center on one half of interfacing and top stitch in place. (Center square)
2. Place fabric of next color square on top of center square, right sides facing, lining up one side of fabric with one side of center square. Sew in place along edge with 1/4 inch seam allowance.
3. Finger press open and top stitch 1/8 inch from edge
4. Top stitch at 3/8 inch intervals.
5. Repeat 2-4 for remaining 3 sides of 2nd square.
6-10. Repeat 2-5 as many squares as your interfacing will hold than move to stripes until interfacing in completely covered.
11. Trim cover to size needed to make notebook.
Here are some finished ones. The one from the tutorial is mine but the other two are for you.
I hope you like them.